CLICK HERE to Choose 100% Green Electricity NOW
Make a Big Impact on the Climate Crisis for Little Cost
- April 1 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- April 9 @ 3:45 am - 5:00 pm
- April 13 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- April 26 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- May 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Have a Heat Pump System in Your Home? We Need Your Help in a Short Survey
- Kudos to Representative Khan for Her Work on Funding for ADA Improvements at Newton’s Commuter Rail Stations
- Mason-Rice Elementary Joins Angier and Zervas in Implementing a Cafeteria Composting Program
- Get Help Electrifying Your Heating System Through the Extended MassCEC Heat Pump Pilot Program
The Boston Globe recently covered the November 19 open meeting of Green Newton where about 80 people from the Newton community came together to discuss how they can take action against the looming climate crisis. You can read the article … Read MoreRead More
Do something about it! Here are 5 actions with the biggest impact that you can take to fight the climate crisis :
- Opt up to 100% clean energy on your electric bill for a very easy but really big impact.
- Insulate your home, use high efficiency heating and cooling systems, and electrify if you can. Start with a home energy assessment.
- Get rid of your gasoline powered car and find alternatives like biking or electric vehicles
- Cut down on meat and dairy consumption. And compost your organics.
- Buy less stuff (especially plastic) and reuse what you have.
Green Newton leads a forum for Newton parents and teachers interested in promoting sustainability in the classroom and beyond. About once a month, the group meets to share experiences and ideas as well as support in facing challenges in implementing … Read MoreLearn More
Since 2004, Green Newton has been awarding the Annual Green Newton Environmental Awards to individuals, community groups, and local businesses in recognition of their work in striving for a better environment. Awardees are announced each year in May at the … Read MoreLearn More
If you haven’t had a Home Energy Assessment within the past two years, you can take advantage of the great incentives and savings: Installation of available savings measures (LED bulbs, smart power strips, programmable thermostats etc.) at no cost to … Read MoreLearn More