It happens to the best of us. Here are some common stains on carpets and upholstery and ways to get rid of them without harsh chemicals.
- Light stains or odors – sprinkle baking soda generously on the carpet or upholstered furniture and let sit overnight. Vacuum the next day.
- Mud – rub salt on the stain and let it rest for at least an hour. Vacuum well.
- Coffee and red wine – pour club soda on the stain immediately and blot with a sponge.
- Berry juice – pour a small amount of boiling water on the stain and sponge off.
- Grease – cover with cornstarch and let it rest for an hour. Rub it in and vacuum.