Green Newton’s new Take Action! places the actions we should all take to reduce your climate impact into one convenient online tool.
What can you do?
- Learn how to take specific action to reduce your climate impact
- Make a checklist of actions that you want to accomplish
- Keep track of actions you complete and the carbon emissions reduced
- Create groups that compete in friendly ‘competition’ (e.g., families vs families, community groups, School PTOs, religious congregations)
- See data on our progress as a city
The actions vary in their level of involvement and climate impact, but we hope you will tackle as many as you can so that we can all do our part to get to carbon neutral.
How do you get started?
- Go to the Green Newton website and click on the Take Action! box.
- Sign up (create a username and password, and enter zip code) to create your account.
- Check off actions you have already taken.
- Make a list of ‘to do’ actions you want to commit to doing.
- Invite friends and neighbors to join and make their own ‘to do’ lists.
- Check off each action as you complete it and watch your carbon footprint go down.
One of the easiest actions you can take is to sign up for Newton Power Choice 100% Green Electricity. You can complete that action in a few minutes and check it off your ‘to do’ list for a big impact right away. Let’s Take Action!