Visit www.NewtonSaves.com or call 781-436-2639 to schedule your Home Energy Assessment or Mass Save Energy Upgrade!
During an assessment, energy-saving products are installed at no cost as needed, such as: ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs, advanced power strips, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, and programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats (installed at a second appointment).
Your custom home energy report will include all applicable rebates and incentives, such as:
- No-cost targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home.
- Based on your income, an instant incentive for 75-100% off approved insulation improvements.
- An instant incentive for 75 – 100% off approved duct insulation.
- Generous rebates of up to $3,500 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment.
- The opportunity to apply for 0% HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades.
Through the end of December 2017, Newton residents who sign agreements to get insulation, air sealing or new boilers in their homes using Green Newton’s partner, Able Home Performance, will be entered in a drawing to win a $250 Whole Foods Market gift card, compliments of Whole Foods Market and Able Home Performance.
Newton Energy $avers, a project of the City of Newton and Green Newton, set a goal for assessments in 600 homes and for 400 energy upgrades to be completed in a 16-month time frame by Earth Day, 2018. As of October 2017, 543 assessments and 395 energy upgrades have been completed. Visit www.NewtonSaves.com or call 781-436-2639 to schedule your No-Cost Home Energy Assessment (if you haven’t had one in two years) or Mass Save Energy Upgrade!