Our last School Connections meeting will be on Thursday, May 23 at 3:45pm at the Newton Free Library (330 Homer St. Newton) in the third floor arc.
- MassDEP Grant – Good progress has been made on a School Recycling Grant from MassDEP that is due before the June 12 deadline.
- Newton Schools Recycling Policy – The Newton School Committee has a new Recycling Policy and here is the draft policy as it stands.
- Food Service Contract – Newton Public Schools announced the selection of a new food service provider for our school cafeterias: Whitsons. We were pleased that the selection committee took into consideration a “commitment to sustainable food and environmental practices” as well as the quality of the food offered. Whitsons has been serving the Wellesley School District, where they participate in the city’s successful food recovery program.
- Underwood 2019 Go Green Fun Run – “A BIG thank you to our event coordinators, Kate & Anne-Marie, and to the 5th Grade Student Council and Mr. Gluck for their contribution in planning and execution.”
- Bigelow Recycling Signs – “At NewtonServes 2019, a group of students and parents put up recycling signage in most rooms at Bigelow. This is part of a larger effort to improve recycling in Newton Public Schools and we are happy to have started it at Bigelow.”
- Oak Hill Sixth-graders are trying to build a better world at Newton’s Oak Hill Middle School
More in the news