Green Newton educates residents, business people, and public institutions about wise energy use, energy efficiency and renewable energy. We feature the following energy saving initiatives:
- If you haven’t had a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment within the past two years, you can take advantage of the following incentives and savings:
- Installation at no cost to you for available savings measures (LED bulbs, smart power strips, programmable thermostats etc.)
- 0% loan program for financing HVAC and energy efficiency measures
- 75% of the cost (up to $2,000) of insulation upgrades and up to 12 hours of no-cost air sealing
During an assessment, the heating and cooling systems are evaluated for efficiency and safety, and exterior walls are checked to determine if any areas need insulation. Also, energy saving products may be installed – at no-cost because there’s a small fee in our utility bills. To schedule an assessment or follow-up after your assessment with recommended insulation or air sealing upgrades, please call our Mass Save partner, Able Restoration, at 781-436-2639 or visit www.NewtonSaves.com – and Mass Save will inspect the work to ensure it meets the high standards set by the program.
- If you want to know more about solar incentives for residential solar installations you can learn about your options through our Newton Goes Solar initiative. Our goal is to educate residents about the benefits of rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, and to increase the number of solar installations in our community. For more info visit: www.NewtonGoesSolar.org