- This event has passed.
Next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events are on September 17 – Sign Up Required
September 17 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection event will take place on Thursday, August 13 and Thursday, September 17 by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled beginning July 27 by calling Customer Service at (617) 796-1000, Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 5pm. Appointment times available for both of the events are between 7am-1pm.
Residents can expect to confirm their appointment time and verify proof of residency with the attendant at the gate. Only one vehicle per appointment is allowed. Commercial vehicles are not allowed. Residents without an appointment will not be able to enter the site and will be asked to come back after they have made an appointment.
Both of these events are likely to be fully booked due to high demand. It is likely there will be more HHW events later this fall, with dates yet to be determined.
What is accepted at household hazardous waste collection events?
- Household Products: Cleaners, aerosols, solvents, pest control, floor & furniture polishes, disinfectants, houseplant chemicals, spot remover, silver & copper polish
- Paint Products: Oil & lead based paints, stain, varnish, thinners, adhesives
- Auto Products: Antifreeze, gasoline, waxes, polishes, used motor oil
- Outdoor Products: Pesticides, weed killers, fungicides, fertilizers, pool chemicals, insect & rodent killers
- Miscellaneous: Nail polish & remover, glue, mothballs, artist & hobby supplies, photo chemicals, chemistry sets, flea collars and flea shampoos
Find more information about Household Hazardous Waste collection events on the City of Newton website.