Grow Native Massachusetts will offer over 120 native species and more than 2000 plants for sale on Saturday, June 1 from 9am–2:30pm (rain or shine) at UMass Waltham Field Station (240 Beaver Street, Waltham).
A complete list of species available is posted on the GNM website — come early for the beat selection! Download a pdf of the 2019 Native Plant Sale Flyer.
Native plants are the foundation of our local food webs. Help support birds, pollinators, and other beneficial insects by adding more natives to your landscape!
- Perennials for sun, shade, part-shade, and all types of soil conditions.
- A large selection of ferns, both evergreen and deciduous.
- Grasses and sedges, for cool season and warm season interest.
- Trees and shrubs, at small sizes you can take home in your car. Remember that native trees and shrubs do the most to increase biodiversity and to enhance the wildlife value of your landscapes.
- This year we will have three previously unavailable species — sweet goldenrod, bluestem goldenrod, and spotted beebalm — custom grown just for our sale.
All of the plants are native to the eastern United States, and the majority are indigenous to New England. GNM’s friendly native plant and landscaping experts will be available all day to answer your questions and give advice on plant selection. All sale proceeds support GNM programs.